Friday 28 March 2008

So I tried to write a short story

I am not interested in the TV programme today; I know GRAYS ANATOMY is one of the shows I have sworn to watch religiously this year; however what I feel like doing is way the most important thing in my life now.
I am rushing into the comfortable space of my king-sized bed, I shall lay my head on my duck feathered pillow and allow my imaginations give me wings, maybe I might find myself in dream land, where everything seems perfect yet beyond my intelligent control.
The reason for my insane intention is to maybe dream, imagine or even think about the beauty of my sub-conscious, well maybe not anymore. I know her, she feels like me and when she speaks to me, all I do is smile, even deep in my dream.

She started appearing in my imagination about three weeks ago, she was the most beautiful sight I had ever imagined, I tried to describe her with words but yet I was let down by sentences. She stood outside the town’s church place in a black jumper. I noticed the jumper because, the weather was not too cold, it seemed like spring.
About two weeks ago, she was in my imaginations again, she actually appeared twice that week, she was underneath a waterfall, I remembered thinking, she must be exotic since I have never heard of waterfalls in good old United Kingdom. Her second appearance in my imaginations happened towards the end of that week, she stood in front of a mirror which reflected the rays of the sun, and she seemed an angelic image.
Last week, she had crept from my imaginations into my dreams, I dreamt that I actually met this mysterious beauty, I held her hands and I noticed the wonderful butterfly tattoo on the inside part of her right hand wrist. She spoke to me, I smiled, I listened and in her eyes I noticed the reflection of the rainbow. That was all I could remember from the dream.

Work was a bit hectic that day, I was glad to be going home, however I hated the journey home. I had to ride the tube and then two different buses before I made it to Kingston town. London has become so overcrowded, everyone seemed to bump into each other, my only comfort was that my favourite team was on TV that night; Arsenal games are always a joy to watch.
I alighted from the train at Kingston town and I proceeded to make my final journey home on my feet, I was about ten minutes away from my humble house when the skies opened, there was no prior warning, the rain just started pouring. I remembered I had an umbrella in my bag so I stopped under the shade of the town’s church building to get my umbrella when I saw her. She reminded me of someone as she walked past the church building, raining pouring so hard over her unsheltered self. She had a white coat on which I thought was going to get dirty because of the rain so I walked over to her and offered to share my umbrella with her.
Just as suddenly as the rain begun, the rain stopped and the sun was in full blast. Then I noticed that I had not introduced myself to her; I undid the umbrella, extended my hands while I introduced myself. Then I noticed she had a black jumper underneath her white coat, I questioned her fashion sense, I wondered if she had known that the weather would play up since it was almost spring time.
She offered to reciprocate my kindness by buying me a drink, I kindly declined but she was persistent so I accepted.
We took a sit by the corner opposite the window at star bucks, I offered to go and get our hot cups of vanilla hot chocolate and hazelnut hot chocolate. As I turned with the drinks in my hand, I noticed her reflection in the huge mirror that was being carried by two men through the store, behind her was a huge picture of the rainbow; I thought that would have being a good photographic moment. There was something about her, I felt like I knew her from somewhere but I could not seem to pinpoint.
Half way through the drinks, we had spoken about each other, she spoke with a low tone, she sounded melodic and I loved every moment with her. She had the most unique face, impossible to describe with words but she was the most beautiful being I ever set my huge African eyes upon. She glowed like the rainbow. I also noticed she had a tattoo inscription of the words “spread your wings like a butterfly” on the inside of wrist part of her right hand.

So as I switch off the television and walk into my bedroom onto the comfort of my king sized bed, I am overjoyed because I shall lie side by side with the woman from my dreams.

By eniola alakija
eniola2000@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A TALENT! I love the way you write!

Anonymous said...

l

Anonymous said...

i am in love with you