Wednesday 12 March 2008

.......

I received a call today, it was from a very special person, the most beautiful soul ever, the person that taught me so much and i am still learning, the one with the most love.

She said she just wanted to check on me since i haven't called in some days now, i apologised and said i have being a bit busy, caught up with dis and dats. She laughed and i could picture her face at that moment, it was like i was right in front of her.

She said she hoped the wind hasn't blown me away as London is becoming a windy city, i said no, i still remember how to make eba, you know the one that taste so good with some nice obe.

She laughed a bit, paused for a while and said,"i am so proud of you, you have given me so much joy and you have achieved so much, i don't mean educational and material achievements, i mean you have grown into a fine young African man and anyone will be proud to associate with you......i love you to bits"

I smiled, a tear dropped from my eye and i said, "i love you too and i am only who i am today because of you, i only walk this path because you showed me, i couldn't have asked for a better teacher, or a better MOTHER.....i love you more than cooked food"

im sharing this with you so you can pick up that telephone and give your MAMA a call

1 comment:

Debo Wale said...

awwww.. ammo call my mama now! wuv u big bro! xx