Friday 15 February 2008

OGa POLice......what now

See what it is?

Being African in London seems to be a crime now, because i can't even drive without being stopped anymore. I know i am a good driver,passed the test a while now, being driving since about 15, two hands on the steering (when i feel like really), bluetooth always on so i dont have to hold the mobile phone if i need to converse, signal before i make a turn, give way and i always, almost never jump the yellow light.

So there i was, cruising down the A3, doing 40-42miles/hour, enjoying the new Ledisi cd i just made, thinking about how quickly i am going to devour that jollof rice as soon as i get home and what did i see, yes you guessed it, FLASHING LIGHTS.

I checked that i was doing everything right, so i decided to continue driving and ignore, they followed me for a while till i pulled up in my garage. They alighted from the car and walked towards me, by this time, i was ready to break down anything or anyone that wants to stand in the way of me and my jollof rice.

The chubby one with round head came and stood in front on my driver's door, asked me to step out of the car, i looked at him and continued with my jollof rice dream. After a while of saying silly things into that little toy thet carry around, he asked me that stupid question

"Are you legal in this country?"
"No, I have just driven over here from Nigeria"
"Are you trying to be smart with me , sir"
"Exactly sir, i am since this is a big joke"
"Whats your name, sir?"
"Whats yours?"

After a very long dialogue, i realised that i am wasting my own time too so i gave him the correct details he wanted, he checked on his little toy thing and then he said i was clear. Just as i was about to leave, he said,

"Where did you get that car from"

I was so annoyed that the jollof rice wish disappeared, i told him i stole it from his house since that is what he was expecting to hear. A young African brother in a nice car driving around london is something he can't understand

Oga Police, Na wetin i do you
(this is a true story)

On a serious note, why is it that they think we can't be educated and legal, they don't understand that we all don't have to steal to buy nice cars and have nice things but then i can't blame them..........Yahoo YaHoo bois have given them that right.

2 comments:

Debo Wale said...

hahaha.. hmm when did this happen?? here or 9ja?? oga police! you are funny!!! anywho. can't wait for the nx post! happy posting!!!

enitan said...

LMFAO... i swear this is too funny.. i doubt if it really happened tho..