Monday 19 January 2009

the revolution will be televised

Inauguration is upon us, Obama has walked through the doors of change, his actions and victory has prompted a belief in the hearts of everyone, a belief that has always being there but perhaps needed a push or a nudge.

I await the Inauguration like a kid whose mother has promised him vanilla ice cream as a reward for good deeds. I wholeheartedly support the change and hope Obama offers. I am patiently waiting to see them manifest in full. I understand these changes will take time however, I am even more positive than ever these changes will be well tolerated.

To put a spin on things, I can't help but think the euphoria that surrounds Obama is more out of his skin colour than the perception of what he might do and achieve as president, some(quite a large number)of african americans associate his victory to their struggle as slaves.

To make things a little clearer, I am NOT stating he won the elections because of the colour of his skin, he has achieved alot due to hard work, he is a warm and likeable character, quite an eloquent orator, however the euphoria, the buzz, all the celebs attention, the popularity, one can put all that to the colour of his skin.

I do hope that we all rally round Obama even when the going gets tough.

No comments: